Saturday, June 4, 2011

Status Update

So an update. I finished Insanity. Actually, I had to finish a week early due to a pretty bad neck injury I suffered in jiu-jitsu, but I'll allow it ;). again, I didn't follow the diet, so I didn't see the weight loss, but damned if a six pack isn't peeking out like crazy. I'm just about back to the physical level I was at last year. I have also decided to start RevAbs, so when that arrives, I'll be jumping into it for 90 days to really focus on that mid section. In the mean time I have just been running my daily 5K's while my neck heals.

In response to to the lack of weight loss and after watching Forks over Knives I have started on the Engine 2 Diet, which is a plant based, whole foods diet. I have been on it for a full week, and my energy has sky rocketed. The best thing about it is the food. While I didn't think plant based recipes could be this good (except the shakes I have been notorious for making), some of these are actually really good. The best ones I have had so far are a french toast recipe, and a black beans and rice recipe that I modified into a taco recipe. Since starting it, I've already dropped 3 pounds. Not bad for just a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment